Do you need help?
Our staff and volunteers stand ready to assist hurting people in a variety of ways.
If you are homeless:
- We offer emergency shelter, including showers, a comfortable bed, and nutritious meals.
- Chapel services are required; we will lovingly and kindly offer you spiritual guidance.
- We are aware of the many resources for homeless individuals in our community and will assist you with contacting them.
If you have an addiction problem:
- Please consider applying for admission to one of the Valley Rescue Mission addiction recovery programs (one for men, the other for women).
- These programs are designed to help you overcome your addiction, set an individual goal, and find success in meeting it.
- Our research has shown that our graduates have a 79% rate of not relapsing; the national average is 46%. We believe this is due to the fact that our program is based upon the Bible, which offers guidance on how to truly become a transformed person.
If you are in great financial need:
- You are welcome to join us any day at 4 p.m. for a healthy, nutritious meal. There are no forms to fill out, no questions asked. Simply come in and find a friendly smile and understanding of what you are facing. Children (accompanied by an adult) are especially welcome.
- Our Family Services Ministry exists to counsel you and pray with you about your specific situation. Clothing vouchers are available. Food baskets are available with a referral from DFACS. There is limited availability for assistance with utility payments and replacement of furniture (primarily for those who are victims of a fire or domestic violence).
- No appointment is necessary in our Family Services Ministries. You will sign in upon your arrival and be met with in the order in which you arrive.